10.07.2010

Desk Top Redo

I've started to spruce up my guest room. I decided when decorating this room, to limit myself to only using the things I already have. More details on that challenge later when I post my finished (and free!) guest room, but for now here's one of the projects I did for the room.

Remember, I'm not using anything I don't already own. The problem was I needed some large scale art, and didn't have any. So instead, I pulled out this IKEA desk that has been collecting dust for awhile.

10-7 019

First, I unscrewed the legs leaving only the table top - which was going to be my "canvas". Next I printed out several butterflies from the free images available at Vintageprintable.com.

butter1 butter2 butter3

I printed out the butterflies in various sizes on regular ol' printer paper and cut them out. I adhered the butterflies to the desk top using Mod Podge. Then I simply attached wire to the back of the desk top and hung. Free art!

10-7 023

10-7 022

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! My girls would love that in their rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, you are so creative!! I would have NEVER in a million years thought of that. Looks great too :)

    ReplyDelete