6.21.2010

Tart House Design

This is me and my mom, Michelle. Did you know she studied interior design in college? Well she did. She is where I inherit my love for all things decor.

me and mom

We decided to start a little business venture, because we're crazy like that. It's called Tart House Design and our fees are super cheap; we will help you make your house look better on a budget. Don't be too impressed, but we already have TWO clients.

Here's what we did for our client, Heidi. Heidi wanted a new home office space. Here's how the process worked:

Consultation - We met with Heidi to talk about her ideas and assess what she already had in her house that would work for the room. We discussed functionality, style, color scheme, organization, etc.

Shopping - With Heidi's blessing and budget we purchased items for the room, keeping everything affordable. We used Ikea, thrift stores, and shopped the sales.

Install - Two weeks after the consultation we came back to put the room together for Heidi. We were finished in about four hours.

Here are the results:
Client already owned - desk, bookshelf, armchair

BEFORE
Heidi Before 5

AFTER
Heidi's room 008

BEFORE
Heidi Before3

AFTER
Heidi's room 029

BEFORE
Heidi Before2

AFTER
Heidi's room 040
Each family member got their own entryway basket, labeled with their first initial.

We got her entryway table from a garage sale for $10 bucks. Here's how it looked before:
Table Before

A few more details:

Heidi's room 043

Heidi's room 021

Heidi's room 013

Heidi's room 036

The entire room cost about $275. If you live in the Phoenix area and want help with a room in your house send me an e-mail for details and rates!

ericayoung08{at}gmail.com

22 comments:

  1. It looks FANTASTIC. I'll bet Heidi and her family love it! You guys are so talented.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I wish we lived closer so you guys could help me with my place! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! great job...and super shoppers!! I love the drapes...did you buy them as-is, or create the stripe yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassie - The curtains are just plain white curtains from Ikea, I attached ribbon for the stripes using iron-on fusing tape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great improvement. I really like what you did in the entryway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you two will be successful! And Heidi's room is awesome! I can't believe you did all that only spending what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that is a fantastic transformation, especially for less than $300! great job! I wish I lived in the Phoenix area!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guess I should have given you less embarassing before pictures! I love what you guys did so much!! I have been fighting the urge to just sit in there all day and do nothing. It looks so amazing, and it is so nice to have a completed, organized office! You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would you be willing to come to Tucson? Love what you did, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i want video of heidi's reaction! i looks awesome, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! Great job for a great price.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the room! Where did you find the "a"

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great! I wish I lived closer

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad I stopped by tonight. The room looks amazing!! You are uber talented.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous! I have that same bookshelf and I have been TRYING to arrange things properly for months. I love what you did! I might have to take some notes :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you take day trips to Albany?:) I love your style of decorating. So affordable and so lovely. Where did you get the "A"?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heidi already had the "A", it was gold and we just spray painted it black.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll be your first out of town customer right? We are only 45 minutes from Holbrook and it is much cooler here than it is down there right now! Just kidding. That is awesome about starting your business. You will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful room! Love how you designed the room and how functional it is. I have a front room similar to this that is suppose to be a dining room but after seeing this I could totally see it transformed into an office/sitting room.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! WOW! WOW! Heidi just told me about this room on Sunday(we go that map you put up for our father-in-law's birthday) & the subject came up! So glad she told me about your design site. You are amazing...I can't wait to go out and see this room in person.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How did you get the A to stand by itself on the shelf? I have a similar A and would like to do the same thing you did. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete